Assistant Professor of Education Dr. Lindsay Uhlmeyer

Photo Provided

Assistant Professor of Education LIndsay Uhlmeyer

Assistant Professor Of Education Dr. Lindsay Uhlmeyer began her career on the Culver-Stockton College campus this semester.

Dr. Uhlmeyer had many reasons for coming to Culver-Stockton College. “I am a C-SC alum and a Canton native, so I have had a goal for several years to be an education professor at Culver. I am very excited about this opportunity to help lead future teachers into such a rewarding career.”

I like to find ways to make class relevant to students’ current and future lives…

— Asst. Prof. of Education Dr. Lindsay Uhlmeyer

Dr.Uhlmeyer has been teaching for 13 years in two local school districts and has taught high school English and has been an elementary Title I reading teacher.

While being at C-SC, Dr. Uhlmeyer has enjoyed her time. “I love the sense of community that students, faculty, and staff experience at Culver. There are so many opportunities here for all different kinds of people and ideas and the small campus allows for a lot of involvement.”

Dr.  Uhlmeyer also has lived in Columbia, MO.  “My dream home is somewhere south of here where the weather stays warmer year-round, but right now I can’t imagine living anywhere else because my family is here and I want to be close to them.”

She used to play softball and basketball in high school and basketball has always been her favorite. “I have coached girls’ basketball on and off for several years and I am continuing in my current role as the girls’ varsity assistant coach at Canton R-V. I love having the opportunity to work with young athletes and I am thankful that I get to be a part of that experience.”

Dr. Uhlmeyer wants to keep her students engaged. “I like to find ways to make class relevant to students’ current and future lives, so I strive to explain how they will be able to use my curriculum in those ways. I also like to make class interactive with lesson-based games such as Quizlet Live, Kahoot!, and Quizizz.”

The Wildcat Wire welcomes Dr. Lindsay Uhlmeyer back to The Hill.