Culver-Stockton Stays Busy Over Holiday Break

Herrick+Hall

Quentin Wells

Herrick Hall

For the past two years, Culver-Stockton College has been one of the top schools in Missouri for landing a job. This success is due to the college introducing new curriculum to ensure students will be prepared when it comes time begin their careers. Over the course of the holiday break, Culver-Stockton revealed that they will be offering new up and coming majors for students. The new majors include digital marketing, esports and gaming administration, human resources management, professional sales, and supply management. These majors will be offered through the business, education, and law department of the college.

“I’m excited to go through the new professional sales major because I’m interested to see what the sales world has to offer. Also it’s something I’m interested in so I’m excited to see how these classes will impact me,” said Brett Brookshire a sophomore business administration major who will look to minor in professional sales next fall.

In addition to the five other majors that were unveiled earlier in the month Agribusiness management is another major that was introduced in early December. This new major will also fall into business, education, and law department of the college.

“Agribusiness management is a natural fit for us, given our location and our already outstanding business programs,” said Dr. Lauren Schellenberger, vice president for academic affairs and dean of the college. “Our unique 12+3 academic calendar and experiential curriculum will allow our students to have multiple hands-on experiences in the agriculture industry, particularly through internships and travel study, that will make them exceptionally attractive to employers.”

Jess Dwyer, a sophomore Health Science major said, “I think it is very important for a college or university to be flexible.

Increasing the number of majors offered at Culver-Stockton College will attract more students and professors to this institution. 

— Jess Dwyer

The increase in majors solidifies that this college is doing their best to set the students up for success after completing the academic work.”

On top of rolling out new majors for the coming academic year, Culver-Stockton has plans to break ground for the construction of the experiential learning center in the beginning months of the new year, now referred to as the Innovation, Design, and Experiential Activity (IDEA) Center.

Culver-Stockton also recognized the academic achievement and hard work of over 400 students for making the honor roll, Dean’s, and President’s list in the first semester.

While the students were able to get a much needed break from unfamiliar learning experience, the college continued to make changes that establish Culver-Stockton as the Midwest’s premier experiential learning college.