TASC Center Dives into the Writer’s Program

Culver-Stockton College’s TASC Center gets interviewed by Lincoln Land Community College.

Taylor Blasius

The Academic Success Center

Culver-Stockton College invited Lincoln Land Community College to come and ask the school questions about The Academic Support Center, most commonly referred to as the TASC Center and what makes it stand out from others. Lincoln Land Community College is looking to expand their peer tutoring center.

Dr. Alissa Burger, Assistant Professor of English and Director of Writing Across the Curriculum, invited TASC members and peer tutors, as well as other Culver-Stockton Faculty and Staff to come and speak with the visitors about their experiences being on the TASC Staff, as well as how it contributes to the overall feeling on the campus.

Taylor Blasius

Culver-Stockton College has a writing center, where paid students sit one-on-one with other peers and help them master their writing, as well as provide constructive feedback to help them boost their grades on papers. Lincoln Land Community College heard of the success that Culver-Stockton has with this program, and came to ask those involved just how they do it.

Dr. Burger states, “[Lincoln Land] are looking for ideas to implement at their college for their writing program.” Utilizing other schools is an important step in taking a program from good to great. Picking out pieces that work well for other schools and applying them to their own can help push that process along faster.

Our TASC and peer tutors are exceptional which is a big portion on why [Lincoln Land] came to see us.

— Dr. Alissa Burger

Dr. Burger continues talking about the TASC and says, “Our TASC and peer tutors are exceptional which is a big portion on why [Lincoln Land] came to see us.”

Peer tutors are a big part of why the TASC runs so smoothly and having students who know what the professor is looking for as well as what makes a paper stand out from the rest allows the TASC Center at Culver-Stockton College to stand out from the crowd.