Hillstock Music Festival returns to Culver-Stockton College

Hillstock

photo provided

Hillstock poster

May 8 brings back the annual Hillstock Music Festival to the Culver-Stockton College campus.  The event was not held in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Sponsored by the Campus Programming Council (CPC), this year marks the 20th occurrence of the spring event.  The music festival begins at 2 p.m. in the Quad with an alternative location in the Charles Fieldhouse.

According to president of CPC Carter Knake, the 20th anniversary is inspiring.  “This tradition is a memory that many students and alumni point to as a time they will always remember.”

This tradition is a memory that many students and alumni point to as a time they will always remember.

— Carter Knake, pres. CPC

Attendees can expect professional and campus performers, along with the opening act of the recent “Culver’s Got Talent” competition.  Knake says the average attendance for this over the years has been over 300 students.

Plenty of activities are scheduled including event t-shirts, food, games, cash prizes and more.  Campus clubs and organizations are urged to sign up for booth space to use as fundraisers.  The event will follow current guidelines for outside events which include required masks if social distancing cannot be maintained.  Knake says “The biggest changes will be the ones regarding Covid-19. These would be the hand sanitizer, masks, and other preventative measures. It’s still Hillstock, even with the pandemic.”

Hillstock 2019
Hillstock 2019 (photo courtesy C-SC)

For more information, contact Knake or Bill Boxdorfer, Director of Student Engagement at Culver-Stockton College