SGA Town Hall Meeting

Students get answers to pressing questions.

On Monday February 18, students and faculty gathered for Culver-Stockton College’s bi-annual Student Government Association (SGA) town hall meeting in Meaders Lounge. Once a semester faculty, staff and students come together to discuss questions or issues concerning campus life. Students are encouraged to share their most pertinent questions/concerns on an index card handed to them as they enter the lounge.  A member of the student government collects and gives the cards to the student body president.  The president then reads the comments and hands them to the respective board members.

A number of exciting summer projects coming up one of them being the renovation of the dining hall.

— Director of Facilities Mike Bringer

The forum gave students the ability to get answers to their most sought-after questions and pressing campus issues. This town hall discussed future endeavors which consist of some curriculum changes.  Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. Lauren Schellenberger announced some new curriculum items would include “the new Masters athletic training program and the new healthcare management major, along with other minor curriculum changes have happened.”

New projects have been confirmed for the summer of 2019, according to Director of Facilities and Security Mike Bringer. “Since our last town hall I have been working on a number of different projects that will affect you in the near distant future,” said Bringer. “A number of exciting summer projects coming up one of them being the renovation of the dining hall.” There are still some projects that have yet to be confirmed and will be announced later on.

One question that was brought to the attention of C-SC Director of Athletics Patrick Atwell was apparent budget discrepancies between the women’s athletics vs. the men’s programs.  He responded saying “it’s feasible that there could be a discrepancy but it would not be a discrepancy for student athletes…so is it feasible that a sport of one gender could have a higher budget than a sport of another gender, it’s feasible.” He went on with “ the student athlete per capita kind of budget, we watch very closely to make sure it stays the same.”

If you’re interested in getting more involved with the school or student government, the SGA holds meetings every Monday at 5pm in Meaders lounge.