Wildcat Wire

• March 24The Relay For Life event, which was scheduled for this Friday, has been postponed until the Fall 2019.

Filed under News, Showcase

Senior Spotlight: Hali Liles

C-SC senior aspires to go to Broadway

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Spotlight: Hali Liles

Today’s Senior Spotlight shines on Hali Liles, a Musical Theatre major and Art minor, and someone who’s used to being a star.

Where are you going to be next fall?

“I will be attending the University of Nebraska – Lincoln to receive a degree in Costume Design and will be able to work in their shop and teach some of their classes.”

What are your career plans?

“I’m hoping to get on a touring show to be able to travel and do what I love. The end game has always been to be on Broadway. I would also love to be able to do costume design for shows.”

I feel that I came in with a basic foundation and they have helped build me from the ground up. I learned about myself and a lot about the career I want to have. I don’t think I could have done that without Culver.”

— Hali Liles

What groups have you been a part of at CSC?

“Tri-Sigma, A Capella group C-SC Singers, and I am the President of Theta Alpha Phi.”

What do you feel you have gotten out of this school?

“I feel that I came in with a basic foundation and they have helped build me from the ground up. I learned about myself and a lot about the career I would like to have. I don’t think I could have done that without Culver.”

What is your favorite memory while attending C-SC?

“Definitely being able to be a part of all these different shows. I have been able to play a vast variety of different characters. My favorite has been all of the musicals.”

Do you have any advice for the underclassmen?

“It’s okay to ask for help. There are so many people here that are happy to help you. My professors are so open to talking to me about literally everything including my social life. Do not procrastinate. You may think you have time but it could always be better. Take advantage of all the opportunities Culver offers. It’s so beneficial to get involved.”

Is there anything else you would like to say?

“I have to thank Haidee Heaton and Michael York. The last few months they have become my biggest supporters and almost family. I have learned so much from them and they are very responsible for who I am today. I would also like to thank Deb Myers. She has taught me a lot and shaped me as an artist and helped me discover what that means to me. Kent Miller is the one who really pushed me to go for costume design. From his teaching, I was really able to reach my goals and I can never thank him enough for that.”

About the Writer
Megan Ferry, Graphic Design

Megan Ferry is a Junior from Kansas City, MO. She is a Graphic Design Major and her fun fact is that she has been in five different school districts not...