A Q&A with Dr. Ron Stormer

Culver-Stockton College will be losing a long-time member of the faculty after this academic year.

Dr. Ron Stormer  is a professor of English and chair of the English Department. He is the academic advisor for Sigma Tau Delta, the international English honor society and co-advisor with Gary Meacher for “Harmony,” the campus literary and art magazine.

According to Culver-Stockton, he received his B.A. and M.A. degrees in English from the University of Northern Iowa and his PhD from Northern Illinois University. Dr. Stormer’s academic interests include 17th- and 18th-century British literature and English religious literature.

Dr. Stormer is retiring after 25 years at Culver-Stockton College.

Here are a few of the questions WildcatWire asked Stormer regarding his time at C-SC.

Q: How do you feel the English department has changed since you’ve been here?

A: “The Personnel of students has changed over the years.  All the other staff members of the English department I started with has retired.  The other two who started after have moved on.  I am now working with two new colleagues.

The curriculum has been revised two times since I’ve been here. The number of majors has gone up and down over the years.”

Q: What has been your favorite part of teaching at this school?

A: “Working with the students, especially English majors.  I enjoy the types of courses I’ve gotten to teach.  I’ve gotten really close to some of my advisees.”

Q: What are you planning on doing after you retire?

A: “Anything I want. My wife and I will also be visiting our younger son and his family who are missionaries in Brazil.”

Q: Do you plan on writing any books?

A: “I have written a few already and am just trying to find publishers.”

The staff at WildcatWire wishes Dr. Stormer well as he transitions into a new phase of his life after Culver-Stockton.