Honors Day Celebrates This Year’s Academic Achievements

On May 9, Culver-Stockton College held its annual Honors Day Convocation in Robert W. Brown Performing Arts Center. There were over fifty awards given at this ceremony. Six students, faculty, and staff members were honored with special awards at the end of the convocation.

The following people received special awards: (The following information was provided by the Culver-Stockton College Facebook Page.)

Susan V. Leftwich Spirit of C-SC Award presented to senior Krista Barth

The Rose Marie (Grossenbacher) MacDoniels ’63 Prize for Campus Leadership, awarded to senior Kristin Jannin

The President’s Award for Exemplary Service of a Faculty Member presented to Dr. Jay Hoffman

The President’s Award for Exemplary Service of a Staff Member presented to Gaye Redd

The Helsabeck Prize for Excellence in Teaching, awarded to Dr. Matthew Osborn

The Walter S. Reuling Prize for Innovation in Learning, awarded to Professor Seth McBride

From C-SC Facebook page (From C-SC Facebook page)

The rest of the awards were given out by specific departments and divisions. The Applied Liberal Arts & Sciences was the first division to hand out awards. Dr. Scott Giltner presented this division and handed out nine awards. The business, Education, and Law division followed, giving out twelve awards and was presented by Professor Julie Straus. Dr. Dylan Marney presented nineteen awards during the Fine, Applied & Literary Arts division. Student Life presented three awards during this ceremony with Dean Angie Royal handing out the awards. The Nursing awards followed with Dr. Jan Akright honoring and giving recognition to members of the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society. Pat Atwell handed out two Athletic awards and the Academic awards were given next. Dr. Lauren Schellenberger and Dr. Patrick Allen recognized the graduates of the Honors Program. Dr. Douglas Palmer and guests completed the ceremony with the Special Awards.

From C-SC Facebook page

The video of the ceremony can be watched here. The Honors Day Convocation was followed by divisional celebrations happening later in the day including the Fine, Applied & Literary Arts division, Business division, Applied Liberal Arts & Sciences division, as well as other small gatherings that honored students, faculty, and staff members.